Research and Publications
- Sathappan SS, Ginat D, Patel VP, Walsh M, Jaffe W, DiCesare PE. Effect of Anesthesia on Limb Length Discrepancy Following Total Hip Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2008 Feb;23(2):203-9
- Patel, VP., Sehgal, B., Preston, C., Walsh, M., Di Cesare PE: Factors associated with prolonged wound drainage following primary Total hip and knee arthroplasty. JBJS Am 2007 Jan;89(1):33-8
- Patel, VP., Bong, M.R., Di Cesare, P.E.: Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis. Am J Orthop. 2007 May;36(5):255-60. Review.
- Walsh M, Preston C, Bong M, Patel V, Di Cesare PE Relative risk factors for requirement of blood transfusion after total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2007 Dec;22(8):1162-7
- Bong, M.R., Patel, V., Chang, E.Y., Issack, P.S., Hebert, R., Di Cesare, P.E.: Risks Associated with Blood Transfusion after Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty 19(3):281-7, 2004.
- Bong, M.R., Patel, V., Iesaka, K., Egol, K.A., Kummer, F.J., Koval, K.J.: Comparison of a Sliding Hip Screw with a Trochanteric Lateral Support Plate to an Intramedullary Hip Screw for Fixation of Unstable Intertrochanteric Hip Fractures: A Cadaver Study. J Trauma 56(4):791-794, 2004.
- Vigler M, Palti R, Goldstein R, Patel VP, Nasser P, Lee SK. Biomechanical study of cross-locked cruciate versus Strickland flexor tendon repair. J Hand Surg Am. 2008 Dec;33(10):1826-33.
- Patel VP, Paksima N. Complications of distal radius fracture fixation. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis. 2010;68(2):112-8.
- Patel VP, Jupiter JB. Chapter: Reoperative Issues Following Carpal Bone Fracture Surgery. Reoperative Hand Surgery. Edited by Scott F.M. Duncan. 2010
- Patel VP, Sang Gil-Lee. Chapter 10: Variants of the Kite flap. Flap Reconstruction of the Upper Extremity: A Master Skills Publication. Edited by Ghazi M. Rayan, MD and Kevin C. Chung, MD. 2009
- Author: First Aid for Surgery – Chapter: Orthopedic Surgery – McGraw Hill Companies
- Author: First Aid for Psychiatry – Clinical Vignettes throughout, McGraw Hill Companies, 2003
- Author: First Aid for Neurology – Chapter: Introduction to Neuroanatomy, McGraw Hill Companies, 2006
- Author: First Aid for Obstetrics and Gynecology – Clinical Vignettes, McGraw Hill Companies, 2006
^ Back to Top